Jul 20, 2014
Today's Quiz: Waterways
1. "You always know your neighbor...if you ever navigated on the ____ _____."
2. "There's Cleo and me-o and the baby crocodile, we live on the ____ ____..."
3. "____ ____ is in my blood, the place I love."
4. "Oh, Shenandoah, I long to see you, Across the Wide ___"
5. "You were sixteen, my village queen, down by the old ____ ____"
1. Eric Canal "Low Bridge" (aka "The Erie Canal Song")
2. Allegheny River "Cleo and Me-o"
3. "Yellow River" by Christie
5. Mill Stream
I left a conversation yesterday wondering how many ways one person can offend another in three minutes. I was outside sweeping my si...
When I sent Sister Saint, Sister Sinner to my editor, she was (as usual) helpful about pointing out areas that needed more development, pa...
My grandmother died on my birthday in 1968. We couldn't wish her back, since she'd been in a lot of pain for a long time. Later, I...
I have really short little fingers. I mean, I know that "little finger" should alert one to the fact that it won't be much, b...